Tuesday, 22 December 2009
Wednesday, 16 December 2009
Tuesday, 24 November 2009
Wednesday, 11 November 2009
Monday, 26 October 2009
Thursday, 15 October 2009
Wednesday, 16 September 2009
Wednesday, 2 September 2009
- RELAX - the more you stress and get worked up about stuff the slower things happen. Everything will happen in its own time and you stressing about it wont make it happen any quicker. If you relax, you might just enjoy life and motherhood a lot more. This is probably the most important one. When I started to relax and not worry about things, life got a lot easier.
- Trust your instincts. Everyone says this but when you are getting so much advice from all corners, if you are reading advice from so called 'experts', it can get confusing to know whether what you are doing is right or whether you should be doing something else. Go with your gut feeling - mother really does know best!
- DON'T read too many books or get obsessed with the 'experts'. You will drive yourself crazy wondering why your baby isn't a textbook baby and, like the previous point, no one will know your baby more than you do.
- Similarly, don't compare your baby to others - its boring to hear it but all babies really are different (I can see the yawns and eye rolls already!)
- Its when you stop caring about whether you are a bad parent that you become a bad parent! We beat ourselves up with guilt worrying about whether we are doing the best by our baby - am I a bad mother? Although we shouldn't be hung up on thinking we are bad parents - when we stop caring about whether we are doing the best by our baby, is when we need to worry. By the very fact that we do care, means we are good parents. Not sure that makes sense? The fact I now know that, according to my own advice, does that now make me a bad parent? Hmm, think this one need rewording...maybe when I've had more sleep and am a bit more with it!
Wednesday, 26 August 2009
Monday, 17 August 2009
Tuesday, 11 August 2009
Monday, 27 July 2009
Friday, 17 July 2009
Monday, 6 July 2009
- Spending time as a family
- Fairly good weather
- Nice caravan
- Callum was an angel at night, sleeping in his pushchair allowing us to have the evenings, eating out and kinda to ourselves and then he transferred to his cotbed without much fuss.
- Callum was grumpy most days
- Bad waves for bodyboarding
- Facilities/Food at site were awful!
- Couldn't get a babysitter for Birthday/Father's Day
- Activities (Dairyland, Aquarium, Eden Project) were overpriced. Eden was good, Aquarium was OK and Dairyland was rubbish!!
Wednesday, 17 June 2009
Tuesday, 9 June 2009
Thursday, 21 May 2009
Monday, 18 May 2009
I sit and watch you dream in bed,
And I think about your road ahead.
Where will it lead, what will you see,
Who will you meet along your journey.
I think about us, your Dad and me.
Are we all you want us to be?
Do we give you the support you need,
To enable you to succeed?
My thoughts turn to your future career.
Will it take you to lands far from here?
Whatever you do, wherever you are,
Be happy and follow your heart.
Will you find a soul mate to share,
Your hopes and dreams, who for you will care.
To make a home in which to live,
And to start your own family with.
Through all my thoughts, one thing is clear.
We hope your journey is without fear,
That you are happy in all you do,
And that you know that we love you.