• Your baby's heartbeat is lower than 140 beats per minute - Incorrect, higher
• you're carrying all out front - Correct
• you're carrying low - Correct
• you're blooming in pregnancy - Inconclusive. Hmmm, don't know. I don't think so
• you didn't suffer from morning sickness in your first trimester - Incorrect. I didn't 'suffer'. I wasn't often actually sick, I just felt sick for most the time. This only lasted a few weeks.
• your right breast is bigger than your left - Incorrect. Never has been - bizarre 'myth'!
• you look at yourself in the mirror for at least a minute and your pupils dilate - Inconclusive. No idea. Will have to try this.
• you crave salty food or protein, such as cheese and meat - Inconclusive. I don't crave any food really.
• your feet become cold more quickly than before you were pregnant - Inconclusive. Maybe. Hard to recall as now it is summer. I do remember my feet getting cold but they always have.
• you tie your wedding ring to some thread, hang it over your stomach and it moves in circles - Incorrect. Back and forth.
• your skin becomes dry - Incorrect. Only usual dryness on hands and face. Nothing unusual.
• you combine your age at the time of conception with the number of the month you conceived and the resulting number is even - Incorrect. 39
• your hair has become more full-bodied and shiny during pregnancy - Inconclusive. Thicker (though took its time and I wish it hadn't). Not particularly more shinier than before - dryer.
• the hair on your legs has been growing faster during pregnancy - Incorrect. Not that I've noticed.
• you are more prone to headaches Incorrect. I got headaches nearly every day for weeks 13-16 but not since then. Occasionally when dehydrated but that's normal.
• your pillow faces north when you sleep - Inconclusive. Errrr, not sure which way is north
• you're asked to show your hands and you present them palms down - Incorrect. I hadn't done this but when I read the first part of that sentence ('you're asked to show your hands') I pictured me doing it with palms up. I then read the second part of the sentence. I would assume I would have therefore showed them up.
• you lie on your left side when sleeping - Inconclusive. Left was my preferred side but probably more often sleep on back.
• your urine is bright yellow - Inconclusive. Only when dehydrated.
• you were the more aggressive partner during love-making when you conceived - Erm, I'm not going to answer that one. For me to know and no one to find out!!!!
• you eat a clove of garlic and the smell seeps out of your pores Inconclusive. I haven't tried it. I've eaten garlic and no one has commented on me smelling but that is probably because the people I have been with have also eaten garlic.
• your previous child's first word was "dada" - Inconclusive. No previous children.
No. of positive 'correct' answers - 2
You could probably just reverse the above answers to get the below answers but I will go through them anyway just in case any are different.
• Your baby's heartbeat is faster than 140 beats per minute - Correct. 148-155
• you're carrying all round - Incorrect.
• you're carrying high - Incorrect
• you've missed the "blooming" period altogether - Inconclusive. Possibly - see above answer.
• you suffered morning sickness during your first twelve weeks - Inconclusive. See above answer.
• your left breast is bigger than your right - Correct. However, I understand that this is normal for most women as it is the side closest to the heart - therefore it has a better blood supply.
• you look at yourself in the mirror for at least a minute, but your pupils don't dilate - Inconclusive. Haven't yet tried it.
• you crave sweet things, such as juice, fruit and sweets - Inconclusive. No more than usual.
• you tie your wedding ring to some thread, hang it over your stomach and it swings from side to side - Correct.
• your skin is soft - Correct. I would say so but might need confirmation from someone else.
• you are more moody than usual - Inconclusive. More emotional but not sure about more moody. More likely to cry than get angry.
• you're asked to show your hands and you present them palms up - Correct.
• you were the less aggressive partner during love-making when you conceived - Still not answering that one!!!
• you eat a clove of garlic, but you don't smell of it - Inconclusive. See answer above.
• you combine your age at the time of conception with the number of the month you conceived and the resulting number is odd - Correct. 39
• your hair has become thinner and dull during pregnancy - Inconclusive. Thicker but possibly duller
• you lie on your right side when sleeping - Incorrect
• your pillow faces south when you sleep - Inconclusive. Still don't know.
• your urine is dull yellow - Correct. This is different from previous answer. Would say it was more 'dull' than 'bright'. Just very yellow when dehydrated.
• your previous child's first word was "mama" - Inconclusive. No previous children.
No. of positive 'correct' answers: 7
Looks like I might be having a girl then - though I still think boy. Guess we will have to wait and see :o)
[List from article: www.babycentre.co.uk -Knowing your baby's sex: the folklore http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/naming/knowingsexfolklore/ (accessed 11 June 2008)]